CHIRLA responds to the critical need for reliable information within the immigrant community when new laws are adopted and/or immigration precedures change. CHIRLA also endeavors to help immigrants understand their civil and human rights. Some of the things you can expect to find in the Community Education Program:
- Free, group seminars, presentations, and workshops on Immigration Laws, Immigrant Rights, Worker's Rights, Student Options, U Visas, Human Trafficking, Coalition Building, Community/Police Relations, Street Vendor Issues;
- Free, 1-800 Referral and Informaion Hotline, staffed by knowledgeable, Bilingual (Spanish/English) referral specialists, Monday thru Friday, 9 am - 5 p.m. and available 24/7. 1-888-6CHIRLA (1-888-624-4752)
- Participation in community fairs, summits, parent meetings, student gatherings, conferences;
- Media outreach campaigns.
- Free Know Your Rights Cards (KYR), business-card size cards detailing constitutional rights for all.
- Know Your Rights videos.
- In Case of Raids, Your Benefits Under the Law, Citizenship Requirements, Children's Benefits, and other informational brochures and booklets.
To view a portion of the highly-acclaimed KNOW YOUR RIGHTS video (in various languages), click on the link below. This video is available for a minimum donation. We welcome orders of multiple copies.
CHIRLA's Community Outreach and Education efforts include production of highly-acclaimed materials such as the Know Your Rights! DVD, which can be purchased with a minimum donation and used as an educational tool by individuals and organizations.