CHIRLA’s Clinical team specializes in Naturalization and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).
We assist applicants with DACA renewals through virtual clinics held Mondays through Saturdays. A sign-up link is posted on our Instagram Stories and Facebook page at 8 a.m.
DACA Renewal Services
Here is what you need before renewing your DACA at CHIRLA:
- A Government Issued Identification
- Driver's License
- Current Employment Authorization Document (work permit)
- Previous DACA Application
- If you have not renewed with CHIRLA in the past, you will need to bring a copy of your previous DACA application.
- Two Passport Photos
- FREE passport photos are available for CHIRLA members.
- $495 Money Order For USCIS Fee. Every applicant we assist with DACA Renewal receives a legal screening to see if they are eligible for other immigration relief.
Please go to the Unstoppable Dreams page to learn about renewal requirements, the latest on the Supreme Court decision on DACA, and information on new applications.
Visit Unstoppable Dreams to join the fight to save DACA.
Many lawful permanent residents (LPRs) are eligible for naturalization, but they lack information on the process. CHIRLA offers one-on-one consultations to explain the naturalization process and help determine if an LPR is eligible to naturalize. We are invested in new Americans.
To sign up for a consultation by phone, please call 888-6CHIRLA or 213-201-3797 on Tuesdays or Thursdays between 8am and 10am
To become a U.S. citizen you must:
- be 18 years old or older
- be a lawful permanent resident (have a green card) for at least five years (three if married to a U.S. citizen)
- live continuously in the U.S. for at least five years (or three if married to a U.S. citizen) and be physically present in the country at least half that time
- read, write and speak basic English (there are exceptions)
- know basic U.S. history and government
- have good moral character
- take a loyalty oath to the United States