CHIRLA’s Family Unity team focuses on keeping families together through family based relief. In addition, they offer quality legal representation to victims of crime applying for U-Visas and VAWAs. The team offers consultations twice a week.
To speak with a legal representative about your case intake consultations by phone, by appointment only, on Tuesdays from 9 am to 5 pm. We can conduct up to 40 consultations each Tuesday.
How to get a consultation appointment:
- Call 213-201-3797 on Mondays and Wednesdays 9am to 5pm and leave a message requesting an appointment
- Staff will return your call to conduct an intake interview
- If we accept the case, we will schedule you to come in to sign a contract. CHIRLA does not officially represent you until the contract is signed.
- If you prefer an in-person visit, we conduct in-person consultations on the second Saturday of each month, 2533 West 3rd Street,at our main office Suite 101, Los Angeles, California 90057. We begin at 7:30 a.m. and accept up to 40 walk-in clients. No appointment is necessary.
- Mask, social distancing, and proof of COVID vaccination is required.
Family-based migration allows for people with family ties in the U.S. to reunite with their loved ones. Citizens or lawful permanent residents over age 21 can sponsor immediate family members or distant relatives
- Immediate relative: spouses, children or parents of the sponsor. There is no limit on these petitions.
- Family preference: distance relatives of the sponsor. Limited every year by country.
U visas are set aside for immigrant victims of certain violent crimes in the U.S. who work with the police in the investigation and/or prosecution of those crimes. CHIRLA can help you with your case.